Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Xiamen International Christian Fellowship XICF

Xiamen International Christian Fellowship (inside China)
Xiamen Int'l Christian Fellowship (outside China)

One of the things I enjoy most about Xiamen International Christian Fellowship (XICF) is getting to hear different speakers weekly. We don't have a pastor (yet), so half a dozen or so of us take turns speaking, and we also invite guest speakers. I like it this way because most of us are not "professional" speakers; we just share from our own experiences (our own daily noodles). Lindel T. is one of my favorites. You can tell he's an accountant because he doesn't waste a word. His delivery is calm, measured, almost dry--and he cracks us up with his insights. And Bill J. comes up with some interesting ideas, such as his passport for eternity, and the drawing he did to show the relationship of our 70 years to the whole scheme of things. And of course there's Ben, and the fellow I call Sean because he reminds me of a Hungarian-Australian Seannery. In his last message he said that his unusual accent was a great asset because it forced people to listen more closely to him.

Yesterday we had Kirk P., whom I enjoy because of his humorous, straightforward delivery of ideas that really get us to thinking (I also envy his attire. My wife made me change out of my jeans before we left Sunday morning; Kirk delivered his message in jeans, with his shirttails out. Of course his wife is out of town; I'll make a note to see how he dresses when she's home, and if he's still in jeans, I'll have him tell my wife that our Father looketh not upon outward appearances).

www.amoymagic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!